Booking a Commercial Event


A commercial event is defined as an event to benefit the community with the purpose of making money or where a venue is hired for a private or commercial function. These include:

  • Private events such as a wedding, a private party, entertainment events and attractions
  • ‘Special events’ with the purpose of making money for example a theatre or music event, a sports event, a circus or funfair.

To hire one of our venues please -

Book a Commercial Event

If you do not have a specific location in mind We will help you find a location for your event in Harrow or elsewhere. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.

Planning your event

We have put together a full guide which will help you understand all the processes of holding an event, the documentation we require and a breakdown of the costs involved.

The Guide details our policy and protocols for events and can be found here: Events Toolkit — A Guide to Organising your event

You will need to apply online to hold an event in Harrow using EventApp

The information is just a guide. To discuss your requirements in more detail please email us at

Things to consider

  • If you are proposing to use one of our parks or open spaces you need to discuss the event with one of our events team, who will offer advice and guidance through the booking process.
  • Is the event free or ticketed and how will you sell tickets?
  • Depending on the type of event you may also need to contact other areas of the council, we can advise.
  • Depending on the scale and type of event, applications need to be submitted within specified timescales for the necessary planning steps to be completed.
  • Will the event require planned transport closures? Check with Transport for London
  • Do you need someone with experience in running your type of event, for tips and advice?
  • Allow time for the statutory authorities (e.g. police, fire and ambulances services and local authority) to make necessary arrangements for support.

pdf View a list of our Parks & Open Spaces (48 KB)


The following parks have been licensed for regulated entertainment such as live music, recorded music, plays and exhibition of films between the hours of 10.00 and 22:00 each day.

  • Canons Park
  • Headstone Manor Recreation Ground
  • Pinner Memorial Park
  • Harrow Recreation Ground
  • Roxeth Recreation Ground

Conditions are attached to these licences including the requirement to produce a risk assessment.

Table at a Party

Party Planning

Did you know that we now offer a range of party planning services?

Our professional and experienced events team can help you organise and plan your special event

Find out more
Street party for the Queen's Jubilee

Street Parties

If you want to hold a street party you’ll need to make sure you fill in our Residential Street Party Application Form
There is some guidance you need to be aware of before holding your street party.

Find out more