- Length:half day
- Cost:£51.00 per person
A half day course designed specifically for those who have been appointed to carry out minor works in respect of asbestos or those that have management responsibilities in respect of buildings where asbestos may be present.
More information about this course
The course trains candidates how to deal with an emergency, the importance of preventing exposure, and the necessity of strict management controls in respect of buildings which contain asbestos materials.
This course has been designed to enable candidates to understand some of the key elements of Asbestos Safety; the training is structured to ensure that they achieve the following objectives:-
- To be fully aware of the risk from Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs)
- To be aware of what to do if asbestos is disturbed.
- To identify typical ACMs in the workplace
- To assist in the management of Asbestos control procedures.
The course will also give an overview of the main legislation covering Asbestos in the UK. Candidates will receive a Harrow council certificate in Asbestos Awareness.
Asbestos Awareness course content
- Introduction to Asbestos
- Occurrence, nature and properties
- Health effects
- Nature of the risk
- Asbestos related diseases
- Workers at risk
- Duty holders
- Managing the risk from ACMs
- Uses of asbestos
- Avoiding risk of exposure
- Emergency procedures