- Length:half day
- Cost:£55.10 per person
- Location:Training Academy
A half day course designed specifically for those who have been appointed to carry out the duties of fire wardens/fire marshals.
Login or Register to book this Course
- Gain access to book commercial services such as Training, Bulky Waste Collections and House Clearance
- Saves your contact details for all bookings
- My account section to keep track of all your bookings and account history in one place
We do not pass on your details to any third parties.
More information about this course
The course trains candidates how to deal with a fire emergency, the importance of prevention, and the necessity of urgent action when fire breaks out. Depending on site location and use a practical exercise will be undertaken to familiarise candidates with on site conditions and existing fire preventative and control measures.
This course has been designed to enable candidates to understand some of the key elements of Fire Safety; the training is structured to ensure that they achieve the following objectives:-
- To be fully aware of their duties as fire wardens
- To be aware of the chemistry of Fires.
- To identify fire hazards in the workplace
- To assist in the management of evacuation procedures and drills.
The course will also give an overview of the main legislation covering Fire Safety in the UK. Candidates will receive a Harrow Council certificate of awareness in Fire Warden Duties.
Fire Warden course content
- Introduction to Fire Safety
- Specific duties of Fire Wardens
- Chemistry of fire
- Spread of fire
- Classification of fires
- Fire prevention
- Portable fire fighting appliances
- Routine fire safety inspections
- Importance of maintaining the Fire Log and other records
- Fire evacuation procedures
- Fire legislation