Food Hygiene (Level 4) Managing Food Safety
- Length:5 days
- Cost:£620.00 per person
A five day externally accredited course designed for production managers, trainers, owners of food premises, auditors and supervisors who have direct responsibilities for managing staff to provide safe food.
More information about this course
The course covers a wide range of topics to allow for correct decision making with regard to food safety. Emphasis has been placed on the management of food safety systems and staff. The course content is laid down by HABC the accrediting organisation.
This course will enable candidates to understand:
- Legal compliance and legislative background
- Designing an improvement plan
- Effective HACCP management, including monitoring and measuring control methods
- Effective HACCP arrangements in the catering business
- The supervisors circle of responsibility (the food safety equation)
Candidates who successfully complete this course and pass the assessments will receive a nationally recognised certificate from the accrediting body.
Level 4 course content
- Food poisoning and foodborne disease
- Personal hygiene, training and education
- Food hazards and controls
- Food spoilage and preservation
- Design of equipment and premises
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest management
- Management and HACCP
- Role of the manager
- Food safety legislation
- Controlled assignment and exam paper assessment
Please note: To request to undertake an exam resit please contact us using our online enquiry form.