Health & Safety in the Workplace (Level 3)
- Length:3 days
- Cost:£275.00 per person
A three day externally accredited course is designed for supervisors/managers who have direct responsibilities for Health and safety in their jobs.
More information about this course
The course covers a wide range of topic areas to enable candidates to be fully aware of the legislative requirements and to actively contribute to monitoring and improving health and safety policies and procedures in the work place. Candidates will understand the importance of supervising health and safety in the workplace and understand the reasons for implementing systems to ensure employees behave responsibly. The course content is laid down by HABC the accrediting organisation.
This Health & Safety course will help candidates to understand the reasons for:
- Organisation of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Monitoring and measuring Health and Safety performance
- Preventing occupational ill health
- The HSEs Plan, Do, Check, Act approach to Health and Safety management.
Candidates who successfully complete this course and pass the 2 hour (60 question) multiple choice examination papers will receive a nationally recognised certificate from the accrediting body.
Health & Safety course content
- Introduction to Health and Safety supervision
- Principles of Health and Safety legislation (management regulations ie MHSWR1999 etc.)
- Accidents and investigation
- Hazardous substances
- The workplace
- The safe use of work equipment
- Fire precautions
- Health at work
- Ergonomics and manual handling
- Health and safety training
- Monitoring and measuring performance
- Consultation with employees
- Safety signs and signals regulations
- Multiple choice question exam paper