Risk Assessment (Level 3)
- Length:3 days
- Cost:£275.00 per person
A two to three day course. This qualification provides a thorough understanding of the main categories of accidents and ill health, their socio-economic costs and the benefits of good health and safety management.
More information about this course
It has been designed for any person responsible for conducting risk assessments, including managers, health & safety leads, site managers and team leaders.
This course will help candidates to:
- Conduct risk assessments (with the necessary technical knowledge in relation to the activities / environment / issues)
- Organise and implement a risk assessment programme
- Participate in the identification of specific training needs for the activities being assessed
- Assist employers in meeting legal requirements and promote improved standards of health and safety within their organisation
Candidates who successfully complete this as an accredited course and pass the exam will receive a nationally recognised certificate from the accrediting body.
- Health and safety legislation
- The role of competent persons
- Specific regulatory requirements
- Preventing accidents in the workplace
- Different types of risk assessment
- Detailed 5-step process to risk assessment
- Risk control hierarchy
- Specified hazards
- Risk rating methods