- Length:half day
- Cost:£50.00 per person
- Location:Training Academy
A one day course. If staff are undertaking potentially hazardous manual handling activities, it is a Legal requirement under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations to ensure that effective training is provided and a manual handling risk assessment is undertaken where such tasks cannot be avoided.
Login or Register to book this Course
- Gain access to book commercial services such as Training, Bulky Waste Collections and House Clearance
- Saves your contact details for all bookings
- My account section to keep track of all your bookings and account history in one place
We do not pass on your details to any third parties.
More information about this course
More than 25% of the accidents reported each year to the HSE are associated with Manual Handling.
Our Manual Handling awareness training course will provide candidates with the knowledge to reduce the risks from Manual handling activities and understand the basic technique for completing a safe lift. They will also understand the requirements in relation to carrying out Manual Handling risk assessments.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:-
- Identify the costs associated with manual handling injury
- Understand the legal requirements and guidelines associated with manual handling
- Carry out a basic TILE related risk assessment before lifting a load
- Understand the principles of a safe lifting technique
- Outline measures that can be implemented to reduce the risk of injury
Manual Handling course content
- Introduction to Manual Handling legislation
- National statistics
- Manual handling injuries
- The task
- The individual
- The load
- The environment
- Lifting technique
- L.I.T.E. assessment process
- Typical control measures