- Length:half day
- Cost:£51.00 per person
A half day course designed specifically for those who work with harmful substances and those that supervise works where harmful substances are used or are present.
More information about this course
Every year a significant number of workers have their health affected by exposure to hazardous liquids, dusts, gases, vapours, fumes and biological agents. By ensuring that employees are fully aware of the potential dangers of the substances they work with, and understand what safe systems of work need to be applied, you can avoid putting yourself at risk or any other employees or persons at risk of being made ill.
Undertaking this training will enable candidates to identify potential hazardous substances and ensure that they have received appropriate training and information to understand the dangers associated with substancesâ€™ encountered in their own workplaces. They will understand what safe systems of work need to be followed and are prepared with the knowledge to deal with any spillages. leakages or other emergencies that may arise. Candidates will receive a Harrow Council Certificate in COSSH Awareness.
COSHH Awareness course content
- Types of hazardous substances associated with your working practices
- Typical health effects and symptoms
- Protecting yourself and others
- Hierarchy of control
- Where to find safety information about the substances you use
- Steps in conducting a COSHH risk assessment
- How to employ adequate control measures
- Using personal protective equipment
- Dealing with spillages